After graduating from CSU-Pueblo, Austin and I bought one way tickets to Alaska to spend an unknown number of months in persuit to make millions, though we came up short by the time we were re
We took a great road tripped when moving from Tahoe; we went down to Vegas to visit Wags and Christina and baby Atticus ... then headed west to Santa Barbara to stay with Jock Bovi
ngton, a high school friend of Austin's ... then north up the Pacific Highway, which was absolutely gorgeous. We camped along the way out of the Subee (my Subaru Forester) and lived on oatmeal and noodles, the only things we really could cook with our little burner, and peanut butter sandwiches. The picture is in the redwood forest in northern Cali...those trees were amazing! We took video footage of them too. They truly are ancient giants. It was a great time just being with Austin and traveling and taking our time to get home while experiencing breath taking vistas and visiting quaint coastal cities. All the while training for my half marathon, I'll blog about that later. Roadtrips like that are extremely addicting and I recommend it to all!
Our summer was spent in Helena with Austin's family. Neither one of us worked and collected unemployment (mine was $79/week) and enjoyed doing anything that came to mind. Another thing I recommend to all! We went to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska and stayed with Na
te Parker, another one of Austin's high school friends. He, his wife and their son Nolan were great hosts even if Nolan was very vocal in the early morning! That was a great trip and one that meant a lot to Austin. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would! It was a lot of baseball and I like to remind Aust that not many girlfriends would sit through high humidity heat and terrential downpours and tornado and flood warnings to watch baseball with their boyfriends. It was wild weather, but definitely worth it.
So now I am in Colorado and Austin's in Hawaii. He recieved a graduate assistant job at Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu and is completing his masters in communication. He is extremely busy and there is a four hour time difference between us, so phone calls are few and short, but I have learned to appreciate even the shortest conversation just to hear his voice. I'm back home living the dream in my parents' house (funny joke)! It's been interesting being back around mom and dad every day, you can only imagine! I'm coaching JV volleyball. I'm loving it and truly love my girls. They are so funny and never cease to amaze me with their way of thinking. I have learned so much about myself from them. I never imagined they would be teaching me too! I'm substitute teaching also which I don't prefer, but it's easy money and has motivated me to obtain my masters in something far from education! I love coaching!
Austin and I will be joining up on December 15th. We both bought plane tickets to Seattle, to ski and snowboard and relax in Bellingham with his brother Quinn and his girlfriend Mary until we take off for Christmas to Helena. I cannot wait to be back up there. We don't know when we will take off for O'Ahu together, but it will be sometime in January, after the holiday. 


No comments:
Post a Comment