January 1, 2009 ... Holy cow! I cannot believe how fast 2008 went by. It seems like the older I get, the faster time flies. True story. Our time in Helena flew by and we are already packing to head back to Bellingham, WA with Austin's younger brother, Quinn, and his g/f, Mary.
The rundown of our break up to this point:
Flew into Seattle, Quinn and Mary picked us up. Spent 5 days in Bellingham including a day at Mt. Baker snowboarding. It was fun, they've been getting dumped on since we left, so we will definitely enjoy another day up there on the hill. Left on day 6 and arrived in Helena. Spent time running around all over Montana with Austin's friends and family. Austin and his brothers had successful duck hunts on the Missouri. Lit Kathe's tree, their tradition with candles, on Christmas Eve. Made out good in the gift department. Had the smallest Christmas dinner known to man at Austin's grandparents - Billie Lou bought/cooked a ham, potatoes and I brought the rolls...I don't eat ham and am not too hot on mashed potatoes, so you do the math with the amount of food I ate! Had a fun gathering with the Browns (Kathe's family) in Bozeman up Bear Canyon then went into Yellowstone to soak in the Boiling River. Very fun, would go daily if I could! Headed to the ranch after that and spent two nights there with Ira, Rachelle, Mary, Quinn and Austin. Kathe and Rachelle's parents came up for New Year's Eve. Had moose spaghetti for dinner. Made a bonfire with 50 mph winds, ran from sparks and inhaled lots of smoke. Fun, wouldn't do it every day though. Rang in the New Year with snow gently falling. Drove back to Helena, had lunch with everyone and saw Ira and Rachelle off. Tonight we are packing, eating pizza and watching a movie with Bill and Kathe. It's been an amazingly fast vacation here, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. No matter what, you're always in good company up here.
I could load some pics, but I'm being lazy and don't feel like it.
I discovered some new knowledge that I can and will pass on:
1. Don't buy a tea kettle from Ross
2. Coffee can be weak enough to resemble tea
3. Don't re-gift gifts if the "new" recipient can find out it was re-gifted
4. Schedules mean nothing in Montana
5. Bill has one sharp knife that can and will cut your finger
6. Canvas shoes aren't good for winter weather
7. If you want hot water, shower either first or second at Bill's
8. Fluffy powder + no packed base = scraping the hell out of your snowboad
9. The Staggering Ox, no matter what anybody else says, is still amazing
10. Organic definitely tastes better
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment