Monday, October 12, 2009

october...what?!

Wow, October 12th! That's wild! I can't believe that! It's almost Halloween. Weird...it doesn't feel like it at all and it has to be that the scenery hasn't changed once since arriving in Hawaii back in January (ya, "winter" here). The trees are still green, flowers are still blooming and there's no more crispy leaves on the ground than usual. It's really different. My seasonal clock is off big time. I'm used to bundling up in October and days getting shorter with chilly morning runs, occasionally seeing my breath! Not in Hawaii! My morning run today was super hot, already roasting at 7:30am. I know that we have mentioned this before and it was an adjustment coming from winter in Colorado to heat in Hawaii in January but when the seasons are changting everywhere else on the mainland and we're stuck with heat, I start to miss it! Such an interesting world and experience! I wouldn't trade it for the world, but having experienced four seasons a year my whole life, it's been a trip getting used to the monotony of heat. Good news is, Austin gets a long Christmas break, he just bought his tickets home. My break is pending right now because of work, but hopefully we'll be able to see some of you loved ones on the mainland.

These pics are, of course, from Austin! We went for a sunset drive up the heights above our house! It was a beautiful evening, as you can see! The view from midway up Tantalus Drive.
The buildings of Waikiki and Ala Wai

The bottom right is the begining of our neighborhood, we live farther to the right, out of this picture but you get an idea! This is the actual color! No photoshop needed!
Beautiful!
This was our final photo shoot with the moped. Austin looks so good on it!

No comments: