Sunday, November 30, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is...

Well, nothing really, honestly. Since I'm moving to Hawaii with Austin, it seems silly to ask for anything, plus, I don't really want anything except to save the honeybees, encourage sustainable life and buying organic cotton. So, I've done some research to help eliminate the painful hours of "googling" dependable sites and companies. Your welcome.

First off, let's start out with the holiday cards and gift wrapping...why not go green here?! News flash: the holiday card is so over-rated and only stays in the average household for 4 weeks until the New Year's Resolution of de-cluttering the house comes into action and out goes your card in the "clutter"...so, why not send some eco-friendly paper in the mail?! Check out www.mangoink.com, www.redstamp.com and www.pleasantrees.com for your cards and www.buygiftpaper.com, www.fishlipspaperdesign.com for all your wrapping paper needs. Gift wrap is recyclable, unless it's laminated, metallic, or has a bunch of tape stuck to it. And remember, "Yule save trees!"

http://www.certaintees.com is a great site that offers tees made out of renewable bamboo and organic cotton. Plus, if that's not enough to make you jump up and buy one on the spot, the designs on the shirt will; but don't take my word for it, check them out yourself. Here are a couple of my favorites:

www.consciencetees.com offers great tees as well, plus awesome reuseable eco-friendly shopping bags. Bonuses: part of your purchase price goes towards the charity of your choice and shipping is always free!

www.heifer.org Imagine giving those in need an opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty with a gift that also honors your friends and family. There's a huge list of animals to "buy" that go to families in need. Choose from a long list that includes, my favorite, a hive of honeybees that will pollinate their crops; goats that will produce milk they can make cheese and butter from and later sell their young; chickens; and many, many more. If those aren't good enough reasons to do it, think about the parking lots and check-out lines you'll avoid because it can all be done online!

I don't know if this will change your shopping list, but I just can't keep these great sites to myself! Enjoy shopping around! And if you love heifer as much as I do, don't have any guilt if you buy a hive of bees instead of a gift for me, I will be thankful! ::Namaste::

No comments: