Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The New Massari Arena

As some of you may know, my Junior and Senior year of volleyball was played at Centennial High School in Pueblo because the arena, Massari, was having the asbestos removed and was also being remodeled. You can imagine how much of a treat it was to play your senior year in a high school gymnasium that is probably as old as it's name implies.

I just visited CSU-Pueblo this past weekend to visit some old friends and "family" and I was fortunate enough to watch a basketball tournament in the new Massari Arena. It is amazing. Everyone who gets to step on that new hardwood is so lucky. I know that if I was on that court, I would have tremendous pride in my homecourt.

So, here's a picture, I didn't take it, but it is of the new arena. Those who saw what it used to be, I know, you are blown away because it is hard to imagine this is what is there now...in the exact same location. It's a gorgeous facility now!

No comments: