Sunday, February 8, 2009

Amy has a job!

FINALLY! After about two and a half weeks of searching and applications and resumes, I have finally landed a job on the island! It is actually one that you all will agree fits me to a "T"...at a fitness gym...I know, right?! You can check it out at www.hawaiiathleticclub.com. It is great and I love it already and I've only worked three days; but my boss is awesome and my co-workers are fun too. It's in the Aloha Tower, which can only mean one thing-it's right on the ocean. I have beautiful views from the front desk all day long! I also can work out as much as I want to, go to as many fitness classes possible and drink protein shakes until I am purple in the face from the acai berry (but not like I would ever do that!). It's actually the perfect job for me and I'm actually super excited about it becuase it takes care of a gym membership fee and it pays cash and eventually, I will have medical coverage! I am so excited and thankful because I hate seeing my cash go out without it coming back in, you all know what I mean, but multiply your average grocery bill by about three or four and welcome to my and Austin's grocery world. Ugh, right?! I know you're probably worried about me not being able to enjoy the beach as much as I have been, but fear not, I work 4pm to midnight, so I have all morning and early afternoon to work on my freckles and tan (yes, I've discovered that I do tan, it's minimal, but I'm stoked).

I am so happy and truly love this place. I can't say as much for my other half, he's been sooooooo busy, he hasn't had as much fun as I have. But, we totally enjoy when we do get to do activities together and are super thankful for his minimal free time.

Mahalo for the love!

2 comments:

Mary Mac said...

Congratulations! I bet that feels so good...gotta love money comming in...that means more fun. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Delaine said...

sounds awesome. I am a bit green as I sit in my little school each day across from the park. I do have an office now though. I do so love Hawaii. Enjoy it to the max. Tell your Norwegian friends hello from me. I visited Norway when I was 18 for the summer and loved it there too. lots of love. Aunt Delaine