Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love is a Beautiful Thing

Lately I've been reflecting on my blessings and really have become extremely connected with myself and nature.  It is so raw and pure when you truly escape and just become still in its presence.  I have been able to do just that and I am in the process of counting my blessings.  Just like everyone else, hopefully, it is a never-ending process, but one that is extremely rewarding and empowering.  I have been fortunate enough to have travelled to many incredible places and have experienced true natural beauty - and it all has become a part of me; each is a part of my soul.  I love being blessed with a partner whose vitality for life matches mine.  Austin has been the fuel for my adventurous fire and, even though I try to tell him every day, I don't think words can even begin to touch how thankful I am for him.  He's my Ezra.  I know that I wouldn't have travelled half as much as I have if he wasn't there to support my wild cravings.  Together we are calmly spontaneous.  I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else but here if I could.  Austin will always go with my flow, he'll try anything, almost, and I love that about him.  For him, I am blessed to share his love and passion.  

My family (ohana) is a blessing that I am truly thankful for as well.  My mom and dad are irreplaceable.  Even though I get busy and forget to text or call, it doesn't mean that I don't carry them in my heart everywhere I go.  I can turn to them for anything, they each bring their individuality to me and I love them.  Kevin is unique and our bond is not typical of most siblings, and even though we don't understand each other sometimes, we love each other.  I love all my other ohana too.  Not just the related ones.  I have a huge family that comes with the traveling.  My loved ones are spread all over the place and I am thankful that each and every one of them have touched my heart.  

Being in Hawaii and realizing how far away you are from everything and everyone; when every road ends at the ocean, it opens your eyes to your blessings.  Beauty is all around us, some just refuse to see it.  "If you are living in the past, you are not present.  If you are living in the future, you are not present.  If you are not present, who is?  Without you, there is no intimacy."  -Emmanuel's Book II, The Choice for Love.


No comments: