We've been so busy, I haven't had time to update this thing! Since my last post, we've been running around like crazy! Austin started classes and baseball full on; which translates into 16 hour days M-F, with not much breathing room in between. He's on a tight schedule which means I get to see him for a quick lunch if I'm lucky and a late dinner...it's been hard holding out until 8 or 9 for dinner, but my stomach is slowly adjusting to it. I, on the other hand, have been busy sending my resume all over Oahu and everywhere in between for a job! Keep your fingers crossed though, I might have a couple lined up! WooHoo, which means money for surf lessons and a bus pass! Yes! Hawaii has still taken some getting used to. It is very laid back and casual, which I love. It doesn't matter what you look like when you go out, which I really love! Since our hike, I've experienced more of Hawaii: snorkeling, swimming and sea kayaking...all three absolutely amazing. We've also got in on a couple of beach volleyball matches, which have been really fun. The only downfall is anyone can play and my competitive nature doesn't agree with the "barbeque ball"...but I might get over that one day...ok, you're right, who am I kidding?! It's fun though to be out in the sun on the beach next to the ocean without a care in the world, it truly is paradise!
We moved into our new house. It's great. Our roommates are Norwegian and it's been so fun learning their culture and style. Couple of things I've learned about them: they like their alcohol and 99.9% of them are all blonde and very tan! So, when I joined them to a "Norwegian" picnic, you can only imagine what this redheaded white girl looked like...it was a close replica to the Where's Waldo? books from my childhood. I loved those books... It's great exposure to the different backgrounds and listening to them speak their language; fun until you realize they're talking about you! Audun and Maria are the best roommates though, they're always up for anything and we are very compatible.
That's about all for now though, I don't have any new pictures because my camera isn't waterproof and everything we've been doing has been in the water, so if you want more pics, buy me a new camera...they're making really nice ones now that can go 100m under water! I am also taking any and all donations you would like to send of gift cards, checks, or even just plain cash...send me an email if you want our mailing address, it's our physical address, so I don't want to go posting it over the internet for all those crazies out there to have easy access to me, Austin, Audun or Maria! Would love to hear from the three of you out there who check this, well, more like two of you...sorry Mom, I know I'll hear from you! lacey.amy@gmail.com
Love to all of you!
Namaste
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment